Terms & Conditions
- “Customer” means any person or business who purchase goods and/or services from Delta Plumbing.
- “Quotation” means the statement of work, estimate, quotation or similar of goods and/or services to be supplied by Delta Plumbing.
- “Plumber” means a person who fits and repairs pipes, fittings, and other apparatus of water supply, sanitation, or heating systems.
- “Materials” means any type of things needed to complete any type of work.
- “Goods” means items specified in the Quotation.
- “Work” means a task or tasks to be undertaken.
- “Project” means works that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim.
- “Price” means the amount of money expected, required, or given in payment for something.
- “On Demand” means as soon as or whenever required.
- “Company” means Delta Plumbing – which is the trading name for Loucas George Ltd.
- “Accept” means to consent to undertake Work or a Project.
- “Scheduled” means included in or planned according to a schedule.
- “Bespoke” means made to order to a specific specification.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all goods and services supplied by the Company.
- If the customer has any questions regarding any part of the Company’s Terms and Conditions, they must do this in writing before any work has commenced.
No Call Out Fee, Quotations and Additional Work
- No Call Out Fee, doesn’t apply if any type of work has been conducted i.e. fault & leak diagnostics/investigation, etc. It only applies if no one is present at the property, if we have been given the incorrect part from the supplier, the job has been cancelled before we have started any type of work or the problem has fixed itself when we have arrived.
- All Quotations supplied by the company are valid for 30 days from the date on the quotation.
- The Customer must supply the Company in writing or verbally, to Accept a Project, Quotation or On Demand Work.
- The Company reserves the rights to withdraw or amend any Quotation without notice before any deposit has been made by the Customer.
- We may have to charge you additional amounts if there are variations or additions to the work you ask for.
- We may have to charge you additional amounts if you request and Work to be carried outside of the hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Fridays) excluding public holidays.
- We may have to charge you additional amounts if the conditions of the home or place of business change and we have to remove any dangerous waste materials, chemicals or substances on site, such as asbestos. At the time of preparing the quotation, no hazardous materials, chemicals or substances were identified. If the conditions of your property should change, we request that you advise the Company in writing.
- We may have to charge you additional amounts if the Customer has missed delivery of any Goods which result in a delay of completing any Work or Projects.
- If The Company visits site to conduct a survey and we find anything is unsafe i.e. any gas works/appliances are required to be shut down, the Customer will be charged for the visit.
Payments and Price
- A Deposit of 50% of the Quotation (if requested), must be paid when you place your order. You must pay the balance of the monies owing when we have completed the Work unless otherwise agreed Any Deposit isn’t refundable at any time if any Bespoke items has been ordered by the Company for the Customer.
- Any Deposit made is refundable up until one full week before and Work has commenced.
- The Company owns all Goods until the Customer has made full payment.
- If the Customer fails to make Payment on the due date, the Company reserves the right to charge 6% interest per month over due, plus start any legal proceeding to obtain Payment.
- Any collection of Materials whiles onsite to complete Work/Projects, we will charge you for the travel time it takes to get the materials. However, we will make sure the materials are ready for collection and give you an estimate time.
- Any parking costs required will be the responsibility of the Customer, any charges will be applied to the invoice.
Delivery of Goods
- Goods may be delivered direct to site. Once they have been delivered, all risk for the Goods shall be passed to the Customer.
- The Customer and the Company will make arrangements for the delivery of any Goods to site.
- Any Goods deemed to be delivered damaged or faulty, it’s the Customers responsibility to notify the Company straightaway.
Ownership of the Goods
- The Goods and Materials shall not be passed to the Customer until the Company has been paid in full in accordance to these terms and conditions.
- Should payment not be made in accordance with these terms and conditions, the Company reserves the rights to start legal proceedings or have the right (and be allowed access by the customer) to remove and Goods or Materials supplied and fitted by the Company.
- The cost of any damage caused by such removal will not be borne by the Company.
Remedial Work and Damage
- The Company may require you to carry out remedial work to your property premises prior or after to any Work or Project. The costs of any remedial work required will be your responsibility. We may require you to take up all or some carpets and floor covering, including but not limited to tongue and grooved, parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, before we start or after completion of work. We will give you as much notice a possible if we need to do so. If will be your responsibility to replace the flooring when the work is completed. You may decide to call a specialist contractor to do this work for you. We will take all reasonable care to carry out the work without causing damage to your premises but you accept that the Work (including removing or destroying existing fixtures and fittings) may cause damage to decoration and fittings. It is anticipated that certain areas my need redecoration following completion of the Works. This will be your responsibility and is NOT included in the price.
- The Company will endeavour to the best of its ability not to cause any damage to items belonging to the Customer or the structure of the building. It is the responsibility of the Customer to protect all items with in the Customers premises. It is the Customers responsibility to remove any items from the Plumbers working area. The Company and or the Plumber will not be responsible for any damage to the Customers items.
- You may require licences, consent, authorisations and/or permissions for any type of Work. We will assume that you have obtained the necessary licences, consents, authorisations and permissions and will not be liable for any loss or damage however arising from your failure to obtain them.
- You must inform us if there are any hazardous materials or situations at your premises. The Company reserves the rights to refuse to undertake certain aspects of the pre-specified work if the conditions of your home or place of business materially alter and any deposit you have paid will be not be refunded. The Company also reserves the rights to withdraw from your premises if hazardous materials are identified during any Work which would not have been reasonably have been identified at the time of a survey or Work.
- We offer a 90-day labour guarantee and a 12 months’ guarantee for all new installations and materials provided by the Company.
- If you are not happy with any Work, you must contact us within 2 full weeks to enable us to conduct a full inspection and investigation.
- We reserve the rights to decline and type of Work.
- We CANNOT guarantee any Materials or Goods supplied by the Customer.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the England courts.
- All calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
- Every effort is made to arrive at the job at the time and date agreed with the Customer, however we cannot accept liability for arriving late or for the late delivery or failure to supply Materials and Goods.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statuary rights as a customer. You should obtain legal advice if you are unsure of your statutory rights.
Central heating system power flushing
The core component of a heating system is the boiler. When a boiler is renewed, the boiler manufacturers’ Benchmark scheme requires that the system be thoroughly cleansed to the BS7593:2006 Code of Practice. Currently, best industry practice is considered to be to power flush the system.
Power flushing is the fastest and most effective way to flush heating systems, and involves minimal disruption and dismantling.
We use purpose built power flushing pumps, designed to cure the circulation and boiler noise problems caused by accumulations of sludge, corrosion deposits and scale which are found in most ageing central heating systems.
The power flushing pump is temporarily connected into a heating system during the flushing process. The high water velocity, combined with instantaneous flow reversal, dislodges and mobilises sludge and corrosion deposits.
Having loosened the debris, the pump expels it from the system to waste, using a high velocity flow of fresh water.
Radiators are individually flushed without removal or disconnection from the system. After the power flush, the system is full of clean water, and re-instatement to normal operation takes only a few minutes.
A power flush can be extremely effective in cleaning systems that have corrosion problems as a result of a design fault, but we strongly recommend that any such design faults be rectified before power flushing commences.
The success of a power flush will depend on the level of heating system corrosion which has occurred beforehand. The process will cure most circulation problems, but cannot undo the corrosion and gradual decay that has led to the need to power flush the system.
Whilst it is rare for a heating system to experience leaks after the power flushing process, it is not possible to inspect a system internally beforehand, and the need to use a flushing and dispersing chemical for effective cleansing means that occasionally we may find a leak.
The advanced stage of corrosion required for such a situation means that the leak would occur imminently even without a power flush. We believe that it is better that it occurs whilst we are present to remedy the problem, rather than for it to arise over a weekend or whilst the house is unoccupied.
Systems which have been neglected over a period of time, or have not been treated with an effective corrosion inhibitor, may have severely compacted corrosion debris, in the pipe work, radiators, or boiler, and it is possible that even after the power flush, some radiators may still not be fully effective, or boilers on the margin of failure may cease working due to sludge and debris later breaking loose and collecting in the heat exchanger.
The price that we have stated allows for a standard power flush only and if any of the above or similar problems arise during or after the power flush we will not hold ourselves responsible in any way.
Any further work required would be carried out at an additional cost.